Tuesday, 5 February 2008

First full day in Tokyo!


After a well.. restless night due to stupid jetlag, we ate noodles, drank mountain dew and went on the Internet at 2/3am last night... when only the geeks or drunks are up!
So after we got up at 12pm, we set off to see the sights!

First of all we went to Ginza, the main shopping district full of HUGE department stores, Then onto Tokyo Main Station where we had a walk around the Imperial Palace Gardens (and got told by a man that the emporer is very special so no, we can't see the palace, its behind the trees!) And after doing all that in 4 hours, on we went to Shinjuku to see the lights! Hundreds of neon signs all over the huge buildings, and so so busy! was such an experience though seeing so many different sides of Tokyo, We're stayin the historical part which is full of temples and is quite laid back and like old Japan, then onto the Imperical Palace and its calmess, then the incrdible pace and lights of Shinjuku!

This evening, we came back to Asakusa to eat, possibly made the wrong choice of food with raw tuna mince, rice and strange yellow noodles! mmmm :-s alway good to try though!

It's been such an experience and definitely somewhere I would come back to, it's a shame we're leaving really, we've only just got hang of the metro line (only getting lost once today, but still not needing to ask for directions!)

Onto to Sydney (Via Cairns which we weren't aware of!) tomorrow.. so you shall here from me on... Thursday I expect.. if I'm not too busy catching the rays!

(photos shall hopefully follow when i have a computer i can use properly.. most of this is in japanese!)

1 comment:

Dani said...

Hello, I think when I went to Tokyo I particularly enjoyed the Imperial Palace Gardens and as coincidence would have it I also met a man who was informative about the Emperor! The Shinjuku district was good too...although very busy! Didn't you think!?